Experience Leaders & Staff Advisors
Temple University's Service Immersion Program is designed to be staff supported and student-led, with 2 student Experience Leaders and 1-2 Staff Advisors assigned to each group of 10-12 student participants.
Applications for student Experience Leaders are currently open until July 22, 2020, and available here.
Applications for Staff Advisors will open in late August 2020.
Please contact Assistant Director of Student Involvement, Arielle Greenwald, with any questions or for more information.
Temple University’s Service Immersion Program Experience Leaders are students dedicated to community engagement and making a difference in the world. SIP Experience Leaders will collaborate with Student Activities to provide engaging educational and experiential opportunities to their peers and will serve as ambassadors for the Service Immersion Program and educators around the social challenges of our times. Through this cohort experience, SIP Experience Leaders will hone leadership and facilitation skills while developing their understanding of what it means to be an active citizen in a global society.If selected, you will:
- be eligible to earn one academic credit while participating in valuable training and practical experience in group and project management; facilitating educational content; community engagement; conflict and risk management, etc
- help guide the direction of the Service Immersion Program
- gain a deeper understanding of social change and social justice concepts; lead peers from theory to practice
- make an impact for Temple students and the communities in which we serve
- have your travel fee waived
For the 2020-21 academic year, our Service Immersion Program Experience Leaders will help us select our social justice topic areas.
Applications are due by 12pm on July 22, 2020.
Temple University’s Service Immersion Program Staff Advisors are faculty or staff members dedicated to student development, community engagement and making a difference in the world. Staff/Faculty Advisors serve as a scaffold for Experience Leaders by providing support, guidance and resources throughout planning, educational and experiential activities before, during and after the immersion trip. Advisors’ main role is as logistics, risk/crisis and financial resource managers.
Applications for interested staff members will open in late August 2020.