Policies + Forms
For All Student Leaders
Nondiscrimination Policy for Student Groups
Registered student organizations must abide by all of Temple University policies, including those regarding nondiscrimination. Included in its obligations, registered student organizations must allow any student to participate, become a member, or seek leadership positions in the organization, regardless of their age, color, disability, marital status, national origin or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. A registered student organization may restrict membership on the basis of conduct, provided that such restrictions are not a pretext for exclusion based on status or belief, i.e.., are not used principally to exclude students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. Temple University applies this policy consistent with the requirements of the First Amendment.
Raffle Tickets & Gambling
- A raffle drawing, where an individual purchases a ticket for a chance to win a prize, constitutes illegal gambling under Pennsylvania law. Gaming licenses would have to be purchased and be in compliance with the proper record keeping and regulations of the state of Pennsylvania. Selling raffle tickets in order to win a prize is not permitted to student organizations.
- Re-Registration takes place during the month of May each year. This process is used to ensure that Student Activities has the correct information for all student organizations for the following academic year. Failure to re-register by the deadline will result in deactivation of the organization.
- For events that will have minors on campus, submit the Minors on Campus Registration form (linked above) to the Office of Risk Management & Treasury at least 60 days in advance.
- You must provide notice of your student organization's travel plans by submitting the form linked here. Domestic travel requires at least 14 days' advance notice. International Travel, which includes extra precautions, requires at least 60 days' advance notice.
- All participants traveling with the organization must submit an Online Student Release and Indemnification Agreement.
- All policies and procedures related to the reservation and use of space on campus is available on Student Center Operations' website. Please direct all questions to Student Center Operations at email@example.com.
- Temple requires that all individuals, organizations, departments and companies, both internal and external, obtain prior approval before producing any product(s) that will display the university’s trademarks, regardless of the method of distribution.
All food brought into Student Center Operations' facilities must be provided by Aramark's Cherry & White Catering Company.
At the time you are requesting space in Student Center Operations' online reservation system, you must indicate that you plan to have food for your event, as a planning meeting is required at least 20 days before the event.
If you’d like to bring food that Aramark cannot provide (including pizza), organizations must obtain a signed Catering Exception Form according to the instructions on the form. Please note "Authorized Budget Unit Approval" is a signature from any Assistant Director or Director at Student Activities.
Catering orders under $250 will be approved once a Catering Exception Form and Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) from caterer are submitted directly to Business Services.
Exceptions are required for Donated Food Items (include a letter from donor detailing what is being donated).
Exceptions are NOT required for Pot Lucks, Bake Sales and Brown Bag Luncheons.
The Catering Exception Form must be turned into Student Center Operations at least 10 days prior to your event. Failure to abide by this process violates Student Center policy and will cause your organization to lose its reservation privileges. If you have any questions, contact Alicia Ferguson with Student Center Operations.
Rental Form for Attendance Tracker
- Create an event in Owl Connect for the event for which you'd like to track attendance.
- Submit the Card Swipe or Tapper Request Form on Owl Connect at least 3 business days prior to the requested date of usage.
- Once reviewed and approved, submitter will receive an email from the Office of Orientation, New Student & Family Programs with instructions to pick up equipment and/or complete the 15 minute demonstration
- Once usage is complete, submitter will return equipment back to the Office of Orientation, New Student & Family Programs(1755 N. 13th St. – Howard Gittis Student Center, Suite 318).