The Student Training and Rewards System (STARS) is a voluntary program designed to motivate Temple University student organization leaders, through incentivized challenges and programs. Completion of the challenges and programs does not assess the quality of an organization, but does provide the opportunity to gain tools for organizational success. Rewards for participation in the STARS initiative include development of leadership skills, additional promotion by Student Activities, and perks or discounts for Student Activities' events.
STARS Learning Outcomes
- help your student organization achieve its goals;
- ensure that you are aware of important University policies, procedures, and resources;
- promote responsibility, respect, and positive experiences through student organizations.
- create learning opportunities outside the classroom;
- encourage collaboration between student organizations and other Temple University offices and departments;
- grant access to programs and services that will support organizations; and
- train student leaders in techniques to help student organizations run more effectively and successfully.
Organizations and leaders will benefit as a result of active participation in the STARS initiative. Student leaders will develop leadership knowledge and skills while student organizations will receive added rewards for dedication to the program. This includes additional recognition and promotion by Student Activities, the opportunity to collaborate with other Temple University offices and departments, and perks or discounts for Student Activities’ events.
Everything you need to know to participate in STARS is now provided here on our website. Please use the menu at the top right of this page to learn about Participation, Challenges & Rewards, Maintenance, and Audits.
Documents for Download
The following documents will support your progress through the STARS program. You may also wish to plan your STARS Strategy ahead of time using our worksheet!
|Transition Binder Checklist|
Keys to Success
Keys to Success
The most important aspects of STARS involve the development and fine-tuning of leadership skills, collaboration among student organizations, and active communication with the Program Coordinator for Student Organizations. Below are tips for successfully participating in STARS:
- Distribute the work!