Policies + Forms
For All Student Leaders
Nondiscrimination Policy for Student Groups
Registered student organizations must abide by all of Temple University policies, including those regarding nondiscrimination. Included in its obligations, registered student organizations must allow any student to participate, become a member, or seek leadership positions in the organization, regardless of their age, color, disability, marital status, national origin or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. A registered student organization may restrict membership on the basis of conduct, provided that such restrictions are not a pretext for exclusion based on status or belief, i.e., are not used principally to exclude students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. Temple University applies this policy consistent with the requirements of the First Amendment.
- Re-Registration takes place during the month of May each year. This process is used to ensure that Student Activities has the correct information for all student organizations for the following academic year. Failure to re-register by the deadline will result in deactivation of the organization.
- Be sure to submit the Minors on Campus Registration form to the Office of Risk Management & Treasury for events that will have minors on campus 60 days in advance.
- You must provide notice of your student organization's travel plans by submitting the form linked above. Domestic travel requires at least 14 days' advance notice. International Travel, which includes extra precautions, requires at least 60 days' advance notice.
- All policies and procedures related to the reservation and use of space on campus is available on Student Center Operations' wesbite. Please direct all questions to Student Center Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Temple requires that all individuals, organizations, departments and companies, both internal and external, obtain prior approval before producing any product(s) that will display the university’s trademarks, regardless of the method of distribution.
All food brought into Student Center Operations' facilities must be provided by Sodexo Catering. At the time you are requesting space in Student Center Operations' online reservation system, you must indicate that you plan to bring food for your event, as a planning meeting is required at least 20 days before the event. If you’d like to bring food that Sodexo cannot provide, organizations will need to submit a Catering Exception Approval Form, which Sodexo and Business Services must sign for it to be approved. This dually-signed form must be turned into Student Center Operations at least one week prior to your event. Bake Sales in the Student Center Atrium are exempt from this policy. Failure to abide by this process violates Student Center policy and will cause your organization to lose its reservation privileges.Student organizations need an exception form for ALL food not provided by Sodexo. Penalties will be assessed if the rule is not followed. If you have any questions, contact Alicia Ferguson with Student Center Operations. For more information about the details of the policy, visit the Catering Policy website.
Forms Needed to Pay Vendors
Rental Form for Attendance Tracker
- Create an event in Owl Connect for the event for which you'd like to track attendance.
- Submit the Card Swipe or Tapper Request Form on Owl Connect at least 3 business days prior to the requested date of usage.
- Once reviewed and approved, submitter will receive an email from the Office of Orientation, New Student & Family Programs with instructions to pick up equipment and/or complete the 15 minute demonstration
- Once usage is complete, submitter will return equipment back to the Office of Orientation, New Student & Family Programs(1755 N. 13th St. – Howard Gittis Student Center, Suite 318).