If you’ve searched through the Student Org Database and haven’t found what you were looking for, any Temple student can apply to start their own organization. Applications for new orgs are accepted only during the months of October and February, and all registration is done online through the Student Org Database.
In order to register your new student organization:
- Think of something creative or something with a focus that will continue to interest people and allow you to put on events throughout the academic year.
- Browse the current organizations on the Symplicity database…Make sure we don’t already have an organization that does what you want to do.
- If there are no organizations that match your intended group, find ten (10) other students who are interested in joining the organization.
- Find a full time staff or faculty member here at Temple to serve as your Advisor.
- Work with your Executive Board to write your org’s Constitution. (The template for How to Write a Constitution can be found on the Forms section of our website.)
- During the month of October or February (depending on the semester), start filling out the online application. Log into the Student Org Database, click on Student Groups then New Group Registrations. Once you have filled out as much information as you can about your organization, you will be contacted by Student Activities for a meeting. During this meeting, you will explain the purpose and mission of your organization. After the meeting, you will have the remainder of the month to finish your application.
- In order to become a registered student organization, at least one of your Executive Board members MUST attend a MANDATORY meeting at the end of the registration period and the application must also be complete.
- Minimum of 10 members
- Full time staff or faculty member to serve as your Advisor
- The mission of your group must be completely different from the mission of another group registered on campus.
Keep in mind once you have formed your group you must renew it each year. After your group’s application has been approved then you can take advantage of facilities, funding, office space and so much more. The advantages and privileges will be discussed in greater detail at the mandatory meeting.