Requirements of being a Registered Student Organization
In order to maintain registration with Student Activities, a student organization must:
- Be a not-for-profit, formalized group with a minimum of ten (10) students.
- Be composed of currently enrolled full or part-time students (undergraduate, graduate, professional or continuing education)
- Be controlled and directed by Temple University students
- Fulfill a need in either the student or University community that is not being addressed by another registered organization.
- Identify a student contact person who is authorized to represent the organization in their financial matters.
- Identify a primary contact person via the Student Org Database for communication with Student Activities
- Retain an advisor who is employed by the University as faculty or administration.
- Abide by all University policies.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding your organization in the Student Org Database.
- Follow the established registration process and deadlines.
- Disclose any community, state, national, or international affiliations of your student organization by listing them on the registration application form.
- Check Temple email and messages via the Student Org Database on a weekly basis.
- Keep allocated offices, supplies, equipment, and codes secure and in good condition. The University will not be held liable for personal items or organizational materials left on University property.
Benefits & Privileges
If your organization is in good standing with Student Activities, your organization will be able to reap the following benefits and privileges:
- Use of University facilities for meetings and approved activities.
- Be considered for TSG Allocations for programs.
- Conduct approved fundraising projects.
- Participate, work, and coordinate activities with other University organizations.
- Participate in annual student organization and Office of Student Activities fairs.
- Distribute literature at appropriate University locations.
- Apply for office space.
- Utilize resources for program planning and organizational development offered by the Office of Student Activities.
- Obtain University assistance in cash handling procedures.
- Establish a University Account.
- Be listed in the Directory of Student Organizations.
- Participate in the STARS system for even more benefits and incentives!